Monday, February 2, 2009

The end of a Journey

Photobucket

Carrabba's Italian Grill.

If you've been there, your mouth is already drooling just thinking about it. I was proud to work for the restaurant back in high school (one of my favorite jobs EVER, I might add). There's just something about their food that I just can't get enough of. It's authentic Italian food, and super fresh. One specific thing I found myself indulging in is their Spicy Marinara sauce. If you haven't tried it.... GET SOME! It's so unbelievably delicious. By far, the best mariniara sauce I've EVER eaten.

Anyways, for about the past 4 years I've been trying my hardest to get my hands on their recipe for the spicy marinara. And I've been unsuccessful. People I worked with don't remember the exact recipe (and they no longer work there), of COURSE the company doesn't give out recipes, and you can't find it anywhere online.

Why? Because it's THAT GOOD!

Moving on... for my birthday my dad got me a gift card to Carrabba's and this weekend Jon, Chayce and I had a nice family lunch there. The entire meal, I spooned some marinara and was trying to pick it apart, 1 ingredient at a time, writing down everything I tasted. Then, I got creative and thought I'd ask for a small side order of marinara to take home with me. I did just that, and today I brought out the ramekin and let the imitating begin.

I threw in everything just as I tasted and saw it in the sauce I brought home with me, and on my VERY FIRST ATTEMPT, I must brag... I NAILED this! I cloned this marinara sauce like nothing I've ever done before.

Tonight i'm putting Jon up for a blind taste-test. I'm making him taste both, and tell me how accurate they are in comparison to each other, then try and pick out which is Carrabba's and which is my clone.

FINALLY, my search for this sauce is OVER. I wrote down everything I put into it and it's going into my little vault.

I'd like to share it. But that would be breaking the Carrabba's tradition. Mwahaha. As soon as I spill the beans, it's all over the internet. I love that I figured it out by myself. Just me and my palate! So I won't post it, but if you want some... Let me know! I can ship some out ;) And you that know me, know I WILL!

WOO HOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!