Friday, February 20, 2009

The Letters

When I was about 8 months pregnant, I bought these wooden letters, brought them home, painted them, hot glued the ribbon to them and put them in Chayce's nursery. They were originally yellow with a light green ribbon to match his room.


After he moved into his big boy bed, I painted them blue and attatched red ribbon to them. But when we moved into this house, I just never brought them out and put them on the wall.


Finally, 3 days ago I stumbled across them and decided to hang them. But I realized that since I last painted them, I've accented Chayce's room in a darker shade of blue. And the letters are a very BRIGHT blue. So, this afternoon Chayce and I painted his letters together. Navy blue to match his lamp, rug, valance and bedding. He did SO unbelievably well with them. He did the first coat, and I re-touched them as he'd finish. Then after he was done I did a 2nd coat on all of them. Here's some photos from our little craft. He's so anxious to hang them back up, once they dry and we hang them I'll post the photo.






Uh oh! A little messy...

Uh oh, a LOT messy! He painted a moustache :)


We make a great team! :)