Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Countdown to Superbowl 43



Well, although my beloved Packers didn't even make it to the playoffs (Thanks, Rodgers!)... We have finally come down to the end of this football season.

Photobucket
PITTSBURGH STEELERS
vs.
ARIZONA CARDINALS
Photobucket
My pick to win Superbowl XLIII is Pittsburgh.
We're having an evening of friends, food and fun! I've already planned out our dinner menu for the evening.
Our Superbowl Meal will Consist of:
-Stuffed Shells
-Salad with Olive Garden Dressing (homemade)
-Bruschetta
-Mint Chocolate Brownies (The Starbucks Recipe)
And of course a few cocktails!
The Stuffed Shells are a recipe straight from a Paula Deen magazine, and I can't even find the recipe online! I've searched and searched. It's the BEST meal I've ever made, and it made SO much. Perfect for a gathering. Of course I'm always whipping up Olive Garden's salad dressing at home, so we'll have some of that with salad. A side of bruschetta with provolone cheese, sundried tomatoes, cherry tomatoes, and basil. The brownies are one of my all-time favorites as well. It's the recipe from Starbucks. They're brownies with a mint icing, then a chocolate icing ontop of the mint icing.... And they're topped off with Andes mint crumbles. TO DIE FOR!
Basically, THESE, all crumbled up (you can find them in the baking section).