Thursday, January 8, 2009

Old Time Pottery

If you have an Old Time Pottery near you, you know what I mean when I say this place is AMAZING! They have the most STUNNING home decor, everything imaginable, for super low prices. The majority of my seasonal home decor comes from OTP. Well yesterday I decided to venture over there. We finally tossed out our Christmas tree this week (Rest Peacefully! 1996-2008) Had quite a long life for an artifical tree. But it was looking rough and we knew we needed a new one for next Christmas. Well, I got a 7.5 foot Pencil Pine (the skinny christmas trees) for only $15!

While I was there, I picked up some items to add to the "Office" (spare room) in the house. I got 2 pieces of wall art to hang above the desk. Took 2 different pictures, not sure which one shows the room better. It's the smallest room in the house, so it's rather hard to get a good photo of it in it's entirety. This is just the 1 wall of course.






One says, "To the world you may be one person, but to one person you are the world". I love this quote! And the other says, "A Mother's heart is a special place where her children have a home".

The lamp was originally $50 and I got it for $10, because there's a microscopic crack on it. So what did I do? Turn it around, DUH! You can't even see the crack unless you turn the lamp around and REALLY look. Worth it to me!




Then I got this wall sconce. It's on the wall directly behind the desk.


I'm trying to follow a "Natural" tone to the office. Greens and golds mostly. A different combo but it's relaxing with how the sun hits this room. I'm proud of all I got for sure! It's always nice to spice up a room. The little things do count! Now all I need is a new chair for the office. I spotted one I just fell in love with at Target but it's like $90. Yikes! Guess I'll shop around a bit first. Or just request it as a birthday gift. LOL!

Anywhoo, that said.... Get to Old Time Pottery if you have one! Take advantage of them while you can!