Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Rambling about Reese

This week is seriously just creeeeeepppppinnnng by. Perhaps 5 children in my home everyday, and a baby puppy have something to do with it?

Reese is doing quite well. She doesn't seem to like Crate-Training but it's somethat that simply MUST be done. She seems to sleep from 11p-5:30a then at 5:30 or 6a she wakes up to go potty. She's doing better with potty training the past 2 days. The first few days home it was mostly accidents in the floor, but yesterday I think she only had 2 accidents and today has had NONE, although it is still early in the morning. I think the crate training teaches her bladder control.

Yesterday she even went to the back door and started pawing at it and wimpering to let me know she had to go! I was such a proud Mommy!

Jon took her yesterday to get weighed, and all I have to say is: THAT BREEDER MUST'VE BEEN FEEDING THEM TOO MUCH! Seriously. She's 4 pounds! So, we're cutting back from 3 meals a day to 2 meals a day. She should only max out around 6-7 lbs and the way she's going now she'll hit 10. Small breed dogs need to stay in a healthy weight or it can effect their breathing and overall health. She's 11 weeks. Almost 3 months. She SHOULD only be around 3 lbs right now. So instead of making her LOSE weight, I'm just making sure she maintains her current weight for atleast another month or 2. I want my girl healthy.

Right now she's at the Vet getting her shots. She has to go every 3 weeks until she's 20 wks. old, then every 6 mos. after that. She'll also be getting spayed the beginning of April.

Enough rambling about my girl. :)