Thursday, November 13, 2008

A common sense switch...

Well, I was searching for flights and hotels for my Green Bay trip today, ready to book everything, then I got online and saw.... Lo and Behold my Packers are coming to JACKSONVILLE the week AFTER I'd be up at Lambeau.

So, I can spend about $1000 and fly to Wisconsin, get a hotel and rental car and buy tickets for a game at Lambeau Field in Green Bay, OR stay here and wait another week and go to the Packers vs. Jaguars game on December 14th and spend $200. I think I'd kick myself for flying to WI knowing they'll be in FL in 7 days. ;)

Hm. Concidering it's the holiday season, I'm going to choose the 2nd option.

It's bittersweet, because I still want to go to Lambeau field *And next season I definitely will!* BUT I finally get to see a Packers game, and that's what really matters most to me! It was a tough decision, that's for sure. As I've been hyped about my Wisconsin trip for a month or so now, but I'm SO hyped about finally getting to see my Pack!!!

Once the season line-up for NEXT season comes out, I'll figure out what game I want to go see and book it next season. Either way I win!



The hardest part for me is that the game here in Florida is December 14th. That's the same day as the Christmas Play. So it's tough for me... Either:

A. I go to the game @ Lambeau, even though the Pack will be right here in a WEEK.
B. Go to the game here, and bow out of the Christmas play.

It almost makes me feel selfish. But how often do I get to do things like this?! Never. We've sacrificed so much the past few years and rarely get to just "get away". So I'm going to have to call the Worship leader today and tell her we can't be in the play. Such a tough decision. Very bittersweet! Can ya' tell I'm a true Packer fan?! LOL! A good perk is, I can actually WEAR the new jersey here in Florida! A trip to Lambeau Field, it would be in the 20's or 30's. There's no way I'd be wearing the jersey by itself up there, I'd be bundled up in so many layers. So atleast here I can wear it. Yay!