Thursday, November 6, 2008

Well, what's done is done!

I must say I am SO glad this Election is OVER. If I heard one more "...I approved this message" low-blow, dramatic commercial I was going to pull my hair out. I'm not thrilled with the outcome, BUT what's done is done. I can only hope that Barack Obama does bring change (FOR THE BETTER! Not all change is good, y'know...) to this country. Either way ya' shake it, he is our new Commander in Chief and our country lies in this man's hands.
May God guide him and lead us in the right direction.

barack obama Pictures, Images and Photos


Don't let us down, Obama!
***
Well, yesterday was declared "Pumpkin day" at my house. LOL. We carved a jack-o-lantern *No such thing as too late!* then we had a "pumpkin fight" with all of the gooey insides. Now for a photo overload.





"Mommy, it looks like Spaghetti!" LOL






Ew, what IS this stuff?!


Ew.



Hey, it's not THAT bad!

Pumpkin fight!








Yesterday we indulged in pumpkin pie, AND for my first time ever, I made pumpkin bread. YUM! It came out perfect! Last night was nice, too. We lit up the firepit and roasted marshmallows. It was so nice... our neighborhood smelled like a wood-burning fireplace thanks to us. And with a little chill in the air, it almost felt like autumn... ALMOST! ;) Well, I can't complete this entry without posting my Pumpkin Bread recipe for all my wonderful blog-viewers. It's very simple, and the recipe makes 2 loaf pans worth of bread, so it makes a big amount! Enjoy and if you try it out, post on here and tell me if you liked it!



Pumpkin Bread
2 1/2 c. granulated white sugar
3/4 c. vegetable oil
1 lb. pumpkin puree (fresh or canned)
4 eggs
2/3 c. water
3 1/2 c. flour
2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1 ts. cinnamon
1 ts. ground cloves
1/2 ts. nutmeg
DIRECTIONS
1. Cream sugar and oil together.
2. Add pumpkin, eggs, water and beat well.
3. Add flour, baking soda & powder, and spices.
4. Mix well
5. Pour into greased loaf pans and bake.
-Bake at 350 for 1 hour-