Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Wednesday: Cool Whip & Weddings

Thank God it's Wednesday! Our A/C guy finally made it out yesterday. Everything seems to be running much better today. What a relief!

So, today I ran to the store to pick up some sugar so I could make homemade Mocha Frappuccinos, and realized I needed whipped cream. I've always preferred Cool Whip over the spray-can stuff, and I kept thinking how great it would be if Cool Whip came in a spray can. Then lo-and-behold when I arrived at the grocery store...



HOW IRONIC?! Its brand new too! And only a few cents more than the other stuff. It's the good ol' Cool Whip. Nice and thick. SOOOO good; this is the best new idea! Woo Hoo!

Anyways, I'm going to take advantage of this next month for the vow-renewal. It's Homecoming for High Schoolers, which means formal gowns will be SO inexpensive by mid to late October. Hopefully I can find 3 matching ones in all the right sizes.

We'll be sending out the Save the Date cards November 1st, I do believe. Still critiquing the list a bit, adding some people to it. And, of course, we still have NO CLUE where we'll be holding this. I'm about to just decide on our home church [Praise Cathedral]. We'll obviously hold the reception elsewhere. The only downfall to our church is the colors there are Teal & Pink [Yikes!]. The colors of our wedding will be black, white and red.

LUCKILY if we stick with our idea of a candlelight service, it will take our minds off the bright colors of the church's sanctuary and focus on the candles and lighting.

We are about to reach the big "1 year" mark. We'll have 12 months left to do all this. Exciting!

Oh, and a quick update on the site: It's coming together VERY well and should be launching very shortly! Sorry to keep everyone waiting. We hit a few bumps in the road, but it looks like it will be up and running in no time!